Rhinowares Compact Hand Grinder
The Rhinowares compact hand coffee grinder is a great solution for grinding coffee "on the go" for travel, work or even just at home.
Some of the features of the Rhinowares hand grinder include:
Grind Straight Into Aeropress – Features an adapter that allows you to grind directly into the Aeropress.
Compact Body – Slim and small enough to fit inside the Aeropress plunger itself.
Conical Ceramic Burrs – Durable and capable of grinding coffee with precision for french press to espresso and everything in between.
Simple Grind Size Adjusting – Easily repeatable grind setting nut that makes switching grind sizes quick and painless.
Protective Carrying Bag – Includes a carrying bag for easy storage while traveling.
Stainless Steel Body – Food safe, easy to clean, and durable enough to take around the world.
A couple helpful hints for adjusting the appropriate grind:
- For grind to suit Aeropress, tighten nut all the way, then ease off half a turn
- For French Press, ease off 1.5 turns
- For a Handy Brewer, tighten the burrs all the way, and then go half to a full turn back. Suggested ratio is 60g/litre.
Some further adjustment may be required from there depending on the specific beans used.
- For a moka pot, which is somewhere between drip and espresso, adjust your grind to the finest level (adjust so that the burrs are touching) then open up a notch or two.
And some cleaning tips:
- It's best to pull the grinder apart and give it a clean every 4 weeks or more often if you are using darker more oily roasts.
- Just use warm, soapy water and an old toothbrush to remove all residual coffee.
- Make sure to rinse with fresh water when finished and allow the parts to fully dry before re-assembling